Re: [Harp-L] Popper-

John Popper's harmonica playing is just one aspect of John Popper.

Bob Dylan's harmonica playing is just one aspect of Bob Dylan.

Neil Young's harmonica playing is just one aspect of Neil Young.

These guys are complete packages - singers, songwriters, performers.

While it is easy to pick the total package apart and criticise the one aspect not to your liking, it is a bit unfair (IMO) to disregard the whole in favor of sniping at the parts.

John Popper is a masterful singer/songwriter/storyteller with the power and charisma to front a band. I'm not a fan of how he has approached harmonica and wouldn't listen to his playing in order to grab a few of his licks, but I can't deny that I enjoy listening to his songs and his band play.

The Iceman