Re: [Harp-L] Re: Popper and such

I don't think Popper is all that fast.  I know of a few harpers that
can rip off blistering runs that are faster and more musically
pleasing.  I think too many people have resigned themselves to the
fact that Popper is fast.  I say not really.

I would also argue the fact that Popper's music is NOT passionate.
How can anyone say such a thing.  I've seen him live and I think he
displays more passion than most harmonica players.  In fact the ONLY
harmonica player I have seen display more passion on stage is Jason
Ricci.

I would also go so far to say that blues harmonica players display
the least amount of passion on stage with their old, recycled and
otherwise unoriginal licks. (troll)

To each thier own.  Everybody deserves respect even players like
Rosco. :-)