RE: [Harp-L] Re: Popper and such

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Michalek
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Popper and such

"I would also go so far to say that blues harmonica players display the
least amount of passion on stage with their old, recycled and otherwise
unoriginal licks. (troll)"

Eric writes:
You knew it when you said it - but Pat Ramsey might be worth another
listen before you use such a wide brush to paint all blues harp players.
I do agree, that recycling LW or BigW licks is sort of overdone - but
hey, don't forget all the chrom players that like 3rd position stuff
either. Why not just blast anyone that plays to the I, IV, V too?

Is there a helluva lot you can do with 8/12/16 bar blues that is new?
Yes. It comes from disecting the blues scale. It comes from practice,
lots of it. It comes from conscious playing methods akin to Miles
Davis.... I know what note I want to play next, then I don't play that
note... ya know? So, if you are just recycling the same old licks - you
must be in a rut.