RE: [Harp-L] Hendrix licks

The thing I discovered about "playing" like somebody else to not play
note for note. To me that's a fruitless endeavor. Paint your playing
like a cartoon artist.  Hit the points or riffs that are most
relevent and most importantly channel the energy of the artist you
are trying to emulate...

Jimi is basically a Buddy Guy impersonator.  Listen to Buddy and give
it flair.  You will sound like Jimi.

Wanna sound like me? Listen to Rosco and Michael Peloquin, add
insecurity, bravado and stubborness and you'll sound just like me.

Wanna sound like Howard Levy?  Here's the big secret that none of his
followers have figured out as far as I can tell.... Study Oscar
Peterson add fear of [filter]