[Harp-L] Princeton Amp mod/repairs

A while back I asked for help in finding a replacement for a blown out transformer on this amp.

One of my students, Brian Purdy, talked me into sending the electronics to Ron Holmes (of Harp Commander fame) and having him do what was necessary.

Ron examined everything and found that, not only was the transformer blown, but also a filter and an output, with the wiring in need of redoing.

After finding out that Ron loves working on Princetons, (one of his favorite harp amps), I told him to do whatever was necessary.

The amp was returned to me last week. I let Brian take it with him to Jam Camp where Dennis Gruenling put it through its paces. Everyone loved it and Dennis compared it favorably to his own gig amp.

Now I am in the process of learning its capabilities and how best to control that crunchyinyourface blues tone (having gone in a different direction all these years - more melodic line and pure tone).

What fun. Ron did a first class job in raising this amp from the dead. It is a keeper. It was also a fair price to pay for the work done. He also said he did a little mod work on the channel 1 (for harmonica) in a Harp Commander way  - I don't know exactly what he did, but apparently it does help with eliminating feedback while approaching a fat tone.

It sounds best to me using a Dennis Gruenling mod mic - JT-30 shell w/Astatic element.

I recommend Ron for his excellent work.

The amp is model #A08230. Is there any way to find out what year it was built?

Thanks.

The Iceman