Re: [Harp-L] Impartial Critique of Popper Thread

Tim Moyer wrote:

Mojo Red wrote:

Somebody wake me when it's over...

-- segue into another inane debate --

You know, I heard that Popper uses Special 20s because he likes the tone that the plastic combs give him...

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/

One thing that struck me about the Popper thread is the belief some people have that harp players have an obligation to do something to make the harmonica more respectable or whatever. Seems to me it's like anything else, you do the best you can. It's not a crusade; it's music. Somehow I can imagine the same sort of thing in a bagpipe list.

Don't get me wrong, I like bagpipe music. I'm more partial to the Irish pipes than the Scottish pipes but I'm a sucker for anything that has a drone. Then there's the wonderful double reed woodwind family. Don't get me started on shawms. Every marching band should have a shawm section.

--
Hear Barrelhouse Solly--that's me--on the web.
http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly