[Harp-L] Re: My Boy Lollipop

Can we get rid of this folk tale once and for all -

The harmonica player on Millie's "My Boy Lollipop" was Peter Hogman, who was the harp
player with Jimmy Powell and the Dimensions at the time - Rod Stewart had left them
by then - In 1964 the Dimensions helped out on the recording of this song on Island
Records. If anyone has any doubt I have seen the royalty cheques and a note from Rod
Stewart acknowledging it.

Pete lives on the Isle of White and continues to play regularly with his blues/jug
band with his Gill. He toured or played with Little Walter, Memphis Slim, Sonny Boy,
Sister Rossetta Tharpe, John Lee Hooker and Chuck Berry in the UK, and he is on a
London recording session with Chuck Berry.
http://www.iow.uk.com/hoggies/

Peter will be one of the five harp players from the 60s who will be at the NHL
Festival, H2005, in Bristol in October this year. Something we have called 60s@60 - a
view of the Sixties harp scene by people who were there, did it  and are now about 60
years old.
http://harmonica.co.uk/festival.htm
people can get the answer from the man himself.

Thanks to Rob Venables, and Ben Bouman for plugging the Bristol festival, which is
now established as the premier harmonica festival in the UK. I will see you both
there.

Roger

Chairman NHL: - Editor: Harmonica World
http://harmonica.co.uk