[Harp-L] Subject: "Vintage" small leather suitcase on Ebay forHarp/gear case?

Eric writes:

"Maybe the WRC stands for William R Clarke?
heh.. wishful  thinking"

.....now wouldn't that be something?  I could just imagine that even  if it
wasn't, some unscrupulous "entrepreneur" will get the bright idea of
outfitting it with foam for harps as I've suggested and then a year from now  it
reappearing on EBay  "authenticated" as belonging to him.  I  may just have to buy
it to ensure that doesn't happen <g>.

box" to put inside a gig bag.  I was looking at this small suitcase  as a
possibility to be my actual harp container since I have quite a few  chromatics
now and they could fit horizontally while the diatonics could easily  fit into
cutouts vertically in a six-inch deep case.

You should ask Rosco about his harp case.  I saw it at the teach in at
Buckeye.  It was to die for.

Does anyone know what the current rules and regs are re harps and air
travel?  Must they be stashed in my checked luggage (and isn't that risky
damage-wise?)  or can I carry them onboard?  Do they all have to have  their individual
boxes/cases since I don't have a harp case yet.  Do  they look like weapons
to Security unboxed? (Especially the Super 64  Chromatic).  I'd appreciate some
advice, thanks.

Elizabeth