Re: [Harp-L] Subject: "Vintage" small leather suitcase on EbayforHarp/gear case?

Does anyone know what the current rules and regs are re harps and air
travel? Must they be stashed in my checked luggage (and isn't that risky
damage-wise?) or can I carry them onboard? Do they all have to have their individual
boxes/cases since I don't have a harp case yet. Do they look like weapons
to Security unboxed? (Especially the Super 64 Chromatic). I'd appreciate some
advice, thanks.

Last month I flew with 7 harps in a padded Lee Oskar case that was in my carry on backpac. No problem one way, the other they stopped me after the X-ray and wanted to look into the bag. The harps. It was OK to carry them. She said that the angle of the X-ray photo made it hard to tell what they were.

Peace and music,
Dave