[Harp-L] breaking in marine bands

 I have been using big river harps for some time now because they are cheap
and seem to need very little breaking in if any. I like marine bands as they
seem to have the most response and/or agility but. they require so much
breaking in that I have given up on them. They are a little pricey anymore and
I seem to shuck out harps at a pretty steady rate. I attribute this to my band
playing too loud and conversly I tend to blow too hard. I was wondering what
regiment others use to break in or loosen up new marine bands? Hopefully this
will start a little dialogue on the subject. I live in a tiny town in Illinois
so our blues band(the mudcats) is the only one playing this music and there
are no other harp players around. Your feedback would be appreciated.
             Jim French