[Harp-L] Breaking in harps

OK, I am confused. I have never played a Marine Band
(or any other wood body harp) so I am not sure what
people are talking about when they say they are
"breaking in" a new harp. I own Bushman Delta Frost,
Suzuki Promaster, Lee Oskar, Hohner Cross Harp and
Dannecker Blues. The harps themselves sound no
different from the first day till now.
If you are referring to the reeds, there is no
scientific evidence for a "breaking in" period, quite
the opposite.
Playing gently All the time will increase the life of
your harps, but do we really need to play even More
gently at first?
I am honestly not writing to be a smart A$$, I am
genuinely curious. What am I missing here?

Chris