[Harp-L] Mystery Band Gig in Chicagoland - Bill's Blues Bar, Evanston - August 19

Dear Friends,

Mr. G and the Mystery Band will be playing at Bill's Blues Bar on Friday, August 19. Music starts at about 8:30 pm and the first set is smoke-free and family friendly!  Bill's Blues is located at 1029 Davis Street in Evanston, Illinois (telephone # 847-424-9800; www.billsbluesbar.com). This is a rare event - the Mystery Band appears only once a month. The August version of the Mystery Band will be hot!

In addition to songwriter and blues historian, Twist Turner on drums, we will have Kevin Summers on bass, Shoji Naito on guitar (Eddy Clearwater's bandmate), and Illinois Slim on guitar (Slim has played with everybody in Chicago, including Little Arthur Duncan, Smokey Smothers, Lester "Mad Dog" Davenport and a host of others).  Your correspondent, Mr. G, will blow the harp and sing a bit.

We are dedicating this show to the late, great Detroit Junior. We loved the guy.

If you read this and you live somewhere near Evanston IL, come on out and party with the Mystery Band!

Yer Pal,

Mr. G

Yahoo! Mail