Re: [Harp-L] Dorian & Reassembled LO's

"CHARLES BASSI" wrote:
<After I made my A Dorian harp I had a perfectly
<good top reedplate from the A natural minor
<and a perfectly good bottom reedplate from the
<D major diatonic left over, so of course I reassembled
< them into another harmonica.
<This is the note layout that resulted:
<
<Blow
<D  F  A  D  F  A  D  F  A  D
<E  A C# E  G  B  C#E  G  B
<Draw
<
<I'm not sure what I've got here.
<other than a D melodic minor scale
<(ascending) in holes 4 through 7."

I call this tuning the "Minor Large" -- it's a minor blow chord with a
dominant 7 draw chord.  I haven't found a lot of uses for it either.

It stands to reason that some tunings are more useful for a wider range
of material than others.  The Minor Large doesn't seem to be useful for
a wide range of stuff.

That siad, and given that these non-standard tunings don't jump out of
the harp and bite you, might as well try playing them and see what
happens.  You never know.

Regards, Richard Hunter