[Harp-L] Breaking in harps

Chris, I noticed that you mentioned placing your harps in a bath in an
ultrasonic cleaner.  I'm assuming that this would be like a jeweler or
dentist might use.  And, what solution would you put them in?  Just plain
water or some type of cleaner?  BTW I have experimented with placing my reed
plates in CLR for 10 min then in 90% alcohol then wiping them off with a
clean, soft, lint free cloth.  I have seen a great improvement in how the
played.  My question,  is there a long lasting effect of the CLR on the
brass reeds?

Doyle