RE: [Harp-L] breaking in marine bands

> There is also the subjective effect on the player.  If you expect the
> break-in period to make the harp more playable, then you are
> very likely to
> experience it even if the harp hasn't changed at all.

I very much doubt that 30 minutes on the vacuum cleaner has a large
subjective effect on me.
However, as I said before I don't know what loosens up. It might very
well be the wax that needs loosening.
It might be a version of automated plinking.

It does effect the tuning yes. It effects reeds so that they break in
some cases.
And in my extremely subjective opinion it loosens the reeds up.

Tinus
http://www.tenhole.com
http://www.overblow.com