Re: [Harp-L] stage fright

I used to cure my stage fright with beer and Jack Daniels. . .
   really... though I don't think it made me play any better...
   Recently, I was prescribed a blood pressure medication called Lopressor,
which my doctor said is often used to help with stage fright. From what I
understand, stage fright often comes from our autonomic nervous system, meaning we
have little control over it. There are things that   help, but some famous
artists, Barbra Streisand and Carly Simon, both have struggled with it.
Considering their talent. . . .
   (Harmonica content)
    I played harp with a band last night for the first time, no real
rehearsal, just winged it. It was the least nervous I have ever been. I think some of
that comes from the fact I have been practicing lately and figured nobody in a
party-atmosphere bar cared anyway.
   I used the Harp Commander and no amp, though I would have preferred the
amp as it turned out. Maybe next time.. . But the Commander did the trick just
fine. People liked it a lot and I got hit on afterwards by this big girl with
tatoos... that made my week.

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb