[Harp-L] Czech'n out the blues

I received this letter today at my harp business email address. If any of you blues guys would like to help him
his email address is below as well links to 2 Czech blues websites. He sent a photo of himself with a black blues musician but
I couldn't id the player.

mike

-------------------------------
Dear friends,

first of all please accept my sincerest greeting by all bluesfans
from Czech Republic.

My name is Bohuslav Budina and I am 55 years old. I have been
interested in blues for thirty years. I am a blues collector and a big
lover
of blues music. I like all kinds of blues but I prefer blues harmonica
above all. As I like blues music very much I also participated on the
realization of the local blues festival NONSTOP BLUES twenty years
ago. It is a pity that festival was slept some years ago because small
clubs
were not solvent for that project to this time. In this year that festival
is
again reborn. I hope it is new possibility to bring back blues to our
country.
Very good position acquire the other new festival in Czech republic. There
is a festival BLUES ALIVE in Sumperk for example.
http://nonstopbluesmost.wz.cz
http://www.bluesalive.cz

Me and some of my friends have been preparing shows about music
including besides blues also rock, country and jazz in our local club
for young people and for music lovers. These shows consist first of
all of information about given musicians, groups or music streams.
The purpose of these shows is to make the music audience acquainted
with the music evolution, the main music streams and at the first
place with the main personalities of that music.

After the performances about blues before and after the second World
War, about the white blues of the 60's in America and in England and
other shows so as Classic Blues, The Giants of the Delta, Blues
Legends, Tennesse Blues, East Blues States, West Coast Blues,
Texas Blues, Lousiana Blues and Zydeco Music, The Chicago Giants,
Harmonica Blues Masters, The Bottleneck/Slide Guitar Players, Alexis
Korner in Memoriam, The Blues World of S.R.V., House of the Blues'
Recordings, Blues and Boogie-woogie Piano I would like to realize the
next ones about THE US-BLUES SCENE TODAY consisting
of several parts in this and year in our club and in clubs in close
neighbourhood.

I am only an amateur who loves the blues music. Seeing that blues was
very unknown in our country my interest is to make music fans acquainted
in blues. For example I go to a club with some CD or DVD and we listen to
blues music. I can say some words about that recordings, about that music
style,
about the history of that band etc. For some friends who want to play the
blues
there are a blues CDs and my knowledge about blues a big inspiration for
their
playing because a direct contact with an authentic bluesman is still
missing for
us. All these things by me are without commercial purpose. I am only a
blues
apostle in our country.

I turn to you with a great wish, if you are willing to help to our
blues motion in this country and if possible to provide us with a
promo copy of compact disc with recordings of your band that we would
like to use by the the mentioned shows.

I would also like to write about your music at my new work realized on
CD-ROM and named "CD BLUES GUIDE". I would like to inform with help
of it Czech and Slovak bluesfans and collectors about less known or unknown
blues bands from all of the world too. Second issue of it will be completed
with
section DVD already.

A little help from blues friends from abroad is unfortunately only
hope for our enthusiasm. In case of your interest I could provide you
with some CD by a Czech blues bands (or other music) for your help.
I am sorry to say that our possibilities are unfortunately limited.

We thank you for your nice help in advance. I guess the shows with
help of your recordings any my blues guide could be one of the propagators
of blues music and I also hope to be new possibilities for blues in this
country and a big inspiration for musicians who love and can play
the blues music.

Best Wishes,

Bohuslav Budina
budina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx