Re: [Harp-L] breaking in marine bands (metal fatigue; a definition)

I am no physicist, but I found this definition.
Similar wording in several encyclopedias.

"Some materials, for example steel and titanium,
exhibit a fatigue limit, a limit below which repeated
stress has no effect. Most others, for example
aluminum, exhibit no such limit and even
infinitesimally small stresses will eventually cause
failure."
Brass, it seems, falls in the second category.
And from Pat Missin's site
http://www.patmissin.com/ffaq/q8.html

Chris

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs