Fwd: RE: [Harp-L] Re: best key for overbends

Pablo asked:

Chris Michalek wrote:
> This is a situation where personal resonance comes into play.
> Figure out what key you generally speak in....

I couldn't agree more with Chris.  You're going to have an easier time
creating the proper resonance cavities in your natural speaking key
than in others.

The most problematic thing -- for me at least -- is the low overblows.
The lower the harp key the harder it is to nail that 1OB.  For that
reason, the mid range keys are easiest.  When the harp pitch gets too
high it gets trickier to hit the overblows at the proper pitch.

-tim