[Harp-L] melodic minor modes was Dorian & Reassembled LO's .doc

"CHARLES BASSI" <jeanchar50@xxxxxxx> wrote, <This is the note layout that resulted:

Blow  D  F  A  D  F  A  D  F  A  D
Draw  E  A C# E  G  B  C#E  G  B

I'm not sure what I've got here, other than a D melodic minor scale (ascending) in holes 4 through 7.>

Hang On to Your Hat!

1st position 1st mode; Tonic =  4 blow
D ascending melodic minor, also known as 'Jazz minor'
Scale degrees ; 1 2 b3 4 5 6 7 -
Chord type; minor M7.

2nd position 5th mode; Tonic =  6 blow
A Aeolian Major
Scale degrees ; 1 2 3 4 5 b6 b7 -
Chord type; b7 b13

3rd position 2nd mode; Tonic =  4draw
E Javanais
Scale degrees ; 1 b2 b3 4 5 6 b7 -
Chord type; min b7 b9

4th position 6th mode; Tonic =  6draw
B Locrian Natural 2
Scale degrees ; 1 2 b3 4 b5 b6 b7 -
Chord type; min. b7 alt5

5th position 3rd mode; Tonic =  5 blow
F Lydian Augmented
Scale degrees ; 1 2 3 #4 5 6 7 -
Chord type; b7#11

6th position 7th  mode; Tonic =  3 draw
C#  Superlocrian
Scale degrees ; 1 b2 b3 b4 b5 b6 b7 -
Chord type; Alt

12th position 4th mode; Tonic =  5 draw
G Lydian Dominant also known as the Bartok scale
Scale degrees ; 1 2 3 #4 #5 6 7 - chord type; M7 alt5

All these scales/modes are used in jazz improvisation. You will find the same scales/modes on a regular C Richter by playing a C# instead of the C natural.
My only advise is to get used to the "sound" or should I say "color" of each one - especially the Lydian Dominant - and keep checking in the mirror for when that second head starts pushing thru.
Mox  http://jmredon.free.fr/monsitewebebcountryblues/entree.htm