[Harp-L] 365 keys and history

Paul Bowering <paul_bowering@xxxxxxxxx wrote: <The marine band 365's are currently available in the keys of G and Low C only. Does any one know if more keys used to be available and whether they were regular range or low octave?>

Hi Paul
Tho' I've never seen the 14 hole marine band 365's in any other key than G and low C, I do believe that Steve Baker used this model to create the SBS in G and A plus Low C, D, and F.

I live in Europe & over here the equivalent to the Marine Band 364/5's harmonicas were called 'Echo Vamper'.
The 12 hole model's (364) were made in all keys from low C up to F#,
then the regular tissiture from G to B.
Sadly, they stopped producing them in 1975.
Hope this helps

Mox

http://jmredon.free.fr/monsitewebebcountryblues/entree.htm