[Harp-L] Bonfiglio Class Review

I'm here to second Vern on his review of Robert's class.

WOW.

I flew to New York from California to study chromatic, an instrument I hadn't
even picked up before, and this seminar has changed my musical life.

I'm laughing now, because I had worried that being a classical soloist,
Robert B might be some kind of snob....and he was anything but. He was there for an
extremely moderate price ($300) and he never stopped at 5, when five hours of
lessons could   have ended. He hung out with us as long as we wanted,
swimming, eating at Dad's diner, jamming, drinking beer, and fielding endless
questions until late in the night.

He and Rob Paparozzi, who showed up the last day, were really there to give
something back to the community, and I can't tell you how much I appreciated
that.

Robert B delivered what he promised: he gave us the tools to become far
better players. Now, if I can just figure a way to get in those four hours a day of
practice, by the time I reach Vern's age, I might be able to play a song.

Seriously though, it was also great to network with other harp players from
across the country, who were only names on harp-l before. Thanks guys and Lou
and Rene.

I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to raise the bar in their
harmonica playing, to take it from the blues woodshed to studying it as a
serious musical instrument with a deep history and a range of possibilities not
regularly explored.

If you thought Little Walter and Kim Wilson were at the top of the heap, take
a listen to Bonfiglio's version of the Villa Lobos Concerto and you'll
realize as Shakespeare said, there are more things under heaven and earth than what
is held by the limits of your imagination.

See ya all in the Grand Canyon:::

brad