[Harp-L] Re: Hendrix licks

Thanks for listening Ken.  I'm hoping these demos I'm doing will inspire someone else to give the
XB-Melody a try.   It's lonely out here on the cutting edge!

Seriously, there is so much uncharted territory waiting to be explored on this harp.   When I came
up with this layout I was looking for a way to play 2nd position jazz more easily.   I never
imagined that Jimi Hendrix licks would lay so nicely in 3rd position.

As you can hear from "Easy Blues", 3rd position rocks on the XB-Melody. (My versions of "Mary Ann"
and "Susy Q" were also in 3rd.)   It doesn't have the minor-ish sound of 3rd position Richter.
Its more of a jazzy sound.

One reason the Hendrix licks on "Easy Blues" sound reasonably close to the original is that the XB
allows bends on every blow and draw all the way up and down the harp.   No matter how good you get
on OB's, you're never going to be able to bend the 6 blow down a half step. If you want those
expressive bent inflections available on every blow and draw, the XB is the only way I know to get
em.