RE: [Harp-L] To mr.Jason Ricci

You can always tell the Levy guys by how the name their positions.
Carlos studied with Howard Levy who tried to how he plays into
musical terms. Howard based the positions around the circle of fifths

1 - C - no sharps or flats
2 - G - one Sharp
3 - D - two sharps
4 - A - three sharps
5 - E - Four sharps
6 - B - Five Sharps
7 - F# - 6 sharps
8 - Db - 5 flats
9 - Ab - 4 flats
10 - Eb - 3 flats
11 - Bb - 2 flats
12 - F - 1- flat

Thusly, 3rd flat position is Eb on a C harp.  I haven't heard Ja-Rah
playing in this position and in fact I know of a few people who can
namely:

Howard Levy
George Brooks
Carlos del Junco