[Harp-L] Re: Hendrix licks

Hey David,

--- "jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I'm hoping these demos I'm doing will inspire
> someone else to give the XB-Melody a try. It's
> lonely out here on the cutting edge!
<<snip>>

Well, you're way ahead of me. You definately struck
the ol' "cool-nerve" with that Hendrix cut.

> One reason the Hendrix licks on "Easy Blues"
> sound reasonably close to the original is that
> the XB allows bends on every blow and draw all
> the way up and down the harp.
<<snip>>

Yeah, I know. I own a standard XB-40 in G that I
really love to play 3rd position on. It's a unique
beastie alrighty. Lots of fun and, like you said,
there's tons of exploring to do on it.

Your Melody-XB tuning seems to present an even
wider door... glad you're blazing the trail!

Okay, I gotta go pack for SPAH!

Later.
--Ken M.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs