RE: [Harp-L] overblow question

> what is the position of the tongue (more or less) to make de
> 1 OB sound? I must gap both reeds (blow and draw) or only the
> reed to choke?

Changing the gap on the draw reed can help too. If the drawreed responds
earlier (at lower pressure) it will be a little easier to get the
overblow to sound. But don't expect miracles from gapping the drawreed,
it's influence is limited.

The tongue position is a little like you have taken a bite of food that
is too hot and you are trying to blow past the food to cool it down so
you won't burn your tongue.

Tinus
http://www.tenhole.com
http://www.overblow.com