[Harp-L] Re: Digest Number 1909 Baroque or classical at SPAH

     Tony from Australia is coming to SPAH expecting Baroque music by
chromatic Masters.   I've attended 4 events in last 5 years and I was
pleased to meet several chromatic Masters and listen to their perfect
rendition of classical  or Baroeque pieces.   I can recall  Chamber
Hwang, Blackie Schattner, BonFiglio,  and Doug Tate.  Blackie even gave a
seminar  and sevral people went on the stage and played including me
and he gave  advises afterwards  . However, I doubt any one of them will
be at SPAH.   I think there are several classical players at each SPAH
meetings but  I do not know them personally and I did not see  any small
group of  classical music players in any corners in the hotel in the
past.   However,  there are many small groups of active blues, jazz and
country music you can join freely.
      If anybody is interested in playing classical or baroeque music
together, we can get together informally at SPAH every year.  Some one
has to start this group if SPAH  is going to expand and grow.   I am
coming to SPAH on August 17 and  I 'll present a workshop on Friday  a.m.
 The topic is how to play 2 octave music without bending using 10 hole
diatonic for classical, blues or jazz.  Accidental  # or b is no problem.
 If interested, you need to bring 12 key sets of diatonic for seminar or
workshop.  If you don't have 12 harps,  you can go to
www.coast2coastmusic.com and check for MLBK520SET of 12  key set with
custom hard case with velvet.   I received the order in  for  4 days and
I am pleased.   I am bringing 2 sets of  easy baroque music by Bach (20
copies, transposed to C for diatonic any key or chromatic) and will
distribute to any one interested in playing together.  If you haved
played any harps over a year,  you can play them in 10 min.   It has
number tab for anyone who cannot read  music.  I'll help you to learn
even though I am not a professinal and self-taught.  I'll stay till Sat.
but I'll be on sight seeing Kansas City tour on Thur.

Ken Kwok,  Atlanta, Georgia

if