[Harp-L] 4 draw busted

In a message dated 8/17/2005 12:15:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Suzuki Promaster diatonic in Bb-The 4 draw  has stopped working-completely
choked. I took it apart and looked at it, but  since I really don't know what
I'm looking for, that was no help. I could not  see anything wrong with it. I
have the option of sending it back to Suzuki for  repair, but I wonder if there
is anything I could do.  I am going to order  a repair kit from Musician's
Friend, and hopefully it will give me enough info  to try and repair it. If not,
I will send it back to Suzuki. Any and all  suggestions are welcome.

Bill, U can learn everything u need on  Rupert Oysler's CD ROM, Harmonica
Maintenance and Repair.  If u are a  serious harper, it should pay for itself
many times over as well as enable u to  keep your harps in great shape.  It costs
c. $65 dollars, iirc.   Rupert has a website at which u can contact him -
http://www.harprepair.com/
Re the actual repair, there's a few reasons  why a reed can stop working.
The simplist, foreign matter stuck in the  reed, is evidentl not your problem or
u should be able to see it.  Use a  magnifying glass if necessary.
Recently I dropped a harp and a  reed stopped working.  The drop jarred a
reed out of alignment.  I had  to realign the reed in it's slot, like is shown in
the paperwork of the Lee  Oskar tuning kit, if u've ever seen that.  There
are tons of resources re  harp and harp work.  Here is a start, from G's site:
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/reedadjustment.html  .    Pat
Missin's site is great.  G has links.
Here's a great site:  http://myquill.cc// .   Here's another: tenhole.com
ron