Re: [Harp-L] Harps on Planes -- Sort of Urgent

Just Plain Bob: I think I pass the terrorist profiling look, but think about what a Smokey Amp looks like in a cigarette case to a security screener.... that has home made explosive device written all over it - add in the madcat shaker mic with its cord, a few extra reed plates and then the LO tool kit and I t5hink I'd be calling my supervisor every time too! I always carry the mfg. product sheets on the Smokey amp and the madcat mic with me in the case so I have a plausible story when the "supervisor" is checking me out.

Why take them on the plane in the cabin? I keep hopin' that one day the flight crew will ask me to play a little inflight blues concert. Hasn't happened yet, but speaking of that, has anyone out there on Harp-L actually played on a commercial flight?  I usually slap my ipod on and wish I was playing along.