From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of b2becom@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 9:48 AM
To: Bob Cohen
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx; Thomas Duggan
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harps on Planes -- Sort of Urgent

Just Plain Bob: I think I pass the terrorist profiling look, but think
about what a Smokey Amp looks like in a cigarette case to a security
screener.... that has home made explosive device written all over it -
add in the madcat shaker mic with its cord, a few extra reed plates and
then the LO tool kit and I t5hink I'd be calling my supervisor every
time too! I always carry the mfg. product sheets on the Smokey amp and
the madcat mic with me in the case so I have a plausible story when the
"supervisor" is checking me out.

Why take them on the plane in the cabin? I keep hopin' that one day the
flight crew will ask me to play a little inflight blues concert. Hasn't
happened yet, but speaking of that, has anyone out there on Harp-L
actually played on a commercial flight?  I usually slap my ipod on and
wish I was playing along.

> b2becom@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > On the other hand, when I carry them on, I have had nothing but
> > trouble and
> end up visiting the "little room" almost every time. Perhaps it's the
> Lee Oskar repair kit that looks suspiciously like a jewel thief's 2nd
> story kit - (the large Lee Oskar chisel could actually do some serious

> damage in the hands of a terrorist), or it might be the Smokey amp in
> a Winston hardpack that they find "interesting". They eventually let
> me board the plane. I still find that amazing!
>
> That's funny. I travel a fair bit and have NEVER been hassled when
> tossing a few harps in my carry on bag. I leave from Boston or
> Providence and go to destinations throughout the US. Strange. perhaps
> I look more respectable ;-)
>
> (Just Plain) Bob

IMPORTANT NOTICES:
     This message is intended only for the addressee. Please notify
the sender by e-mail if you are not the intended recipient. If you
are not the intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or
distribute this message or its contents to any other person and any
such actions may be unlawful.

     Banc of America Securities LLC("BAS") does not accept time
sensitive, action-oriented messages or transaction orders, including
orders to purchase or sell securities, via e-mail.

     BAS reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or
from this e-mail address may be stored on the BAS e-mail system.