Re: [Harp-L] awaiting torpedo reviews

On 8/17/05, john kuzloski <jkuzloski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the info, LB.
>  I'm still curious to know if the mike can sound dirty through an amp that
> doesn't have gain control. For example, I have an audix "fireball" that
> sounds a bit too clean to me unless I use it through an amp that breaks up
> easily.
> Be well.

My guess would be no. Maybe if you ran an effects pedal or Smokey amp in
front of your amp.

D. wrote.
If you tweak your amp to achieve different sounds, it seems to me that
the amp is the key, not the mike. Strange way to market something.
Actually, Bushman praises their own products way too much with way too
little evidence for my taste. American marketing, I guess.
D.

I would disagree. Try singing through a Green Bullet. Crystal mics are not
usually the best for vocals. And not all vocal mics sound nice when gain or
distortion are applied. Is the Torpedo unique in it's properties? Probably
not. I haven't heard one, but the Fireball is supposed to do the same
things. Doesn't look as cool, though.

As to Bushman's marketing, yeah it can be a little direct. Personally, I
like English and Australian marketing. Tends to be a bit more fun.