[Harp-L] Baroque or classical at SPAH

Tony from Australia is coming to SPAH expecting Baroque music by
chromatic Masters.   I've attended 4 events in last 5 years and I was
pleased to meet several chromatic Masters and listen to their perfect
rendition of classical  or Baroeque pieces.   I can recall  Chamber
Hwang, Blackie Schattner, BonFiglio,  and Doug Tate.

I play classical Harmonica Concertos for a living with symphonies all over the world, and yet SPAH does not invite me to their annual events in spite of my willingness to go and to teach.

Toots and I talked about this years ago when I was playing the World Premiere of the Henry Cowell Harmonica Concerto with the Brooklyn Philharmonic and the West Coast Premiere with the Los Angeles Philharmonic and he was playing the Monterey Jazz Festival and still we were not invited to SPAH.

We don't do Schtik? Is that it? It's kind of like having a singing event where the Barber Shop Quartet is what it's about. Who knows, but the people who actually making a living playing the instrument and held high in their respective fields don't seem to be at the top of the list at Spah.

Well, Chris had the Harmonica Summit in Minneapolis with all pro players and it proved to me that there were people who took the instrument seriously. So I plan to do my own Seminars and not deal with the politics.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com