[Harp-L] used pre-war

Just bought my first pre-war Marine Band (haven't
received it yet). I plan on making use of it, not just
looking at it.

Looks to be in good condition and with various
cleaning agents I'm not too concerned about spiffing
up covers and plates (although suggestions are
welcome). The comb is another story. It may not be
objectively detrimental to my health; it's just yuccy.
Any suggestions for cleaning wood? Maybe sand it down?
Or should I just buy a new comb?

Paul