re: [Harp-L] dorian harp for richard

Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:27:10 -0500
From: "Jason R" <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] dorian harp for richard
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Ok your right I cant play minor chords like that on a standard richter tuned
> diatonic but HEY M.P. ( Mr. Peloquin if your Nasty) got you back pretty good
> with the whole missing note deal... huh?

Dear M.P. and Mr Ricci,
For dorian tuned diatonic, use overblow hole 3, blow bend hole 7 down a
semitone and blow bend hole 10 to get the Major 3rd in 2nd position.  It
remains a chromatic instrument, but some of the notes have simply moved
around, which is to be expected.

After some practice with it, I don't see why this would be any more
difficult for someone used to playing richter chromatically using overblows
and bends.
Regards,
-- G.