[Harp-L] Re: Playing harp on a commercial flight

Ross said: Hasn't happened yet, but speaking of that, has anyone out there on Harp-L actually played on a commercial flight? I usually slap my ipod on and wish I was playing along.

Yep. I used to carry my harp case on board rather than check it. Those Southwest Airlines flights where they're usually pretty relaxed about things got me my Mile High Club Musical endorsement. I was asked to play a bit over the flight attendants microphone but convinced them that in a short 737 lung power would suffice, did a couple quick tunes, one bluesy thing, one more of an Irish type of jig to try to appeal to the masses a bit. Turned out fun, payment was in a bunch of those little mini bottles of Jack Daniels. Very relaxed after that.

Bill Otten