randy

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:02:25 -0400
From: Robert Bonfiglio <bon@xxxxxxxxxx>

I play classical Harmonica Concertos for a living with symphonies all
over the world, and yet SPAH does not invite me to their annual events
in spite of my willingness to go and to teach.

Toots and I talked about this years ago when I was playing the World
Premiere of the Henry Cowell Harmonica Concerto with the Brooklyn
Philharmonic and the West Coast Premiere with the Los Angeles
Philharmonic and he was playing the Monterey Jazz Festival and still we
were not invited to SPAH.

We don't do Schtik?  Is that it?  It's kind of like having a singing
event where the Barber Shop Quartet is what it's about. Who knows, but
the people who actually making a living playing the instrument and held
high in their respective fields don't seem to be at the top of the list
at Spah.

Well, Chris had the Harmonica Summit in Minneapolis with all pro
players and it proved to me that there were people who took the
instrument seriously.  So I plan to do my own Seminars and not deal
with the politics.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com