Re: [Harp-L] Bonfiglio Class Review

BradKava@xxxxxxx wrote:
I'm here to second Vern on his review of Robert's class.

Guess I'll add a third voice to the chorus. The class truly was amazing, to quote a e-mail I recently sent to Robert,

"It was a wonderful experience. Most of the week I felt, out-classed by all the other musicians and like I was awash in a deluge of knowledge, often barely able to breathe, but on the way home I had a chance put the harmonica in my mouth and play a little. Things have already started falling into place."

A week later, there's fire and focus in my practice. Scales and arpeggios really aren't such a bad thing after all. Now the Bona rhythm exercises, well, until my reading skills come around, I'm treating them like eating an elephant. Do you know that old expression, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

The seminar, I think, was like clearing a wood, tilling, the soil, and planting the seeds under the direction of one of the best farmers in the world. As Robert said, "I can't teach you how to play the harmonica. I CAN teach you how to teach yourself." Our job is to watch over the field, water and weed as necessary, fight off the bugs and animals, hope for good weather and enjoy the harvest.

Thanks Robert.

Thanks also to: John Mooney, Tom Silverstand, Slim Heilpern (he played guitar for our jam sessions), Bob McGraw, Peter Graber (he brought the beer), Chris DePino, Tom Brumley, Charlie McDermott, Brad Kava, John (no relation to Ted) Nugent, Rene Carlson, Vern Smith, George Wayne, Lou Preston, and Rob Paparozzi.

You ALL inspired me and awed me with your talent and love for the harmonica. And let's not forget props to the cooks and servers at Dad's Copake Diner!

Bob (This space is available for a Nickname) Cohen