[Harp-L] SPAH Jazz Club

It wasn't Bob Williams' idea. It was Randy's idea. He pitched it to Bob Williams and we (the old BOD) voted unanimously to go with it. It turned into one of the nicest additions to the convention at the time.

Top notch Detroit jazz musicians were used as back up - I remember hiring "Pistol" Allen on drums, Don Mayberry on bass and Buddy Budson on piano. It was in scouting out the St. Louis situation for the convention in '97 that I discovered Carolbeth True playing piano w/Sandy Weltman and brought her on board. Joe Degelia (thanks to Berl and Jerl Welch) was our great guitar slave and also became a part of the fun.

The Iceman