RE: [Harp-L] Help I'm being electricuted!

-----Original Message-----
From:  Joe Spiers
Sent: Sun 21-Aug-05 17:04
To: harp-l
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Help I'm being electricuted!
"If they both have 3-prong plugs, wired correctly, then plugging them into the same power strip or conditioner should give them a common ground reference "
Eric N. writes:
Also, make sure your ground wire (if it is already a three prong pigtail) is properly grounded to your transformer in the amp. That could be it too. If this inside ground wire came loose, you get the "devil's kiss". It's happened to me when I was using a Silvertone 1471 - I was holding my bullet mic, which was plugged into the little 1471, and went to sing into a SM58 that was plugged into another amp, and Bzzzzt!... nice shock right on my upper lip that made me spaz, and alarmed the band, the audience and myself as I jerked downward away from the mic - as I probably let out a nice explative. I didn't feel very professional either, and I honestly should have known better.  I am having all my old two pronged AC cord amps serviced to avoid any "future shock" experience.