[Harp-L] Off-topic: Perfect Pitch

I don't mean to resurrect an endless discussion of perfect pitch but I need to answer a question
for someone.   He has the ability to sing any popular song that he is familiar with in its proper
key, even if he hasn't heard the song in years.   I tested that ability today with over a dozen
different Beatle tunes and he made no errors.

Is that a form of perfect pitch?   Or is it something that he could develop into perfect pitch?  I
suggested that if he memorized the names of the keys for 12 different songs in 12 different keys,
he could claim perfect pitch.   What do you think?