RE: [Harp-L] Lovesick Blues

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Planet Harmonica
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 2:59 PM
To: Henderson, Peter; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Lovesick Blues

<< Rob's suggestions are dead on and I might add three of my other
favorites to those already mentioned by list members. Harp-l's P.T.
Gazell's "Pace Yourself" recording, also The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's
first "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" recording featuring their drummer
Jimmy Fadden on harp. The later featured a "who's who" of American
"hillbilly" acoustic music with great songs throughout and wonderful
interplay between Vassar Clements' fiddle (R.I.P.) and the harp.

I also had a rare but great experience early 70's with Vassar Clements/Ed
Dye (Nashville's Jug Band)/Kim and Steve Young( Seven Bridges Road)/Bob
Fowler of Nashville's Station Inn(now lives in Montgomery and plays
mandolin)/and several other players who were killer as well. I was the lone
token harp player and we jammed till sunrise. Something about country and
bluegrass players not only do they gig till 2am but they always end up at
someone's house and play some more until breakfast/sunrise.

I really miss those days.

Steve