From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Henderson, Peter
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 3:44 PM
To: Planet Harmonica; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Lovesick Blues

I'm no expert on country harmonica (mostly because I never managed to
find the least interest in country music) However, there's one guy in
the genre who blows my mind and that's Jimmy Riddle. Both on chromatic
and diatonic, he's amazing, fast, precise, inventive. Heck, I even
enjoying listening to the one record of his I have...

Ben FELTEN
http://harmonica.typepad.com

Ben,

The great Jimmie Riddles!  How could I have left him out?  Another harp
player from Roy Acuff's band was Onie Wheeler, check out his version of
Bonaparte's Retreat - that is some weird-ass hillbilly honky tonk!  He
was not only a gifted harp player but he was a very fine singer and band
leader and sported a cool first name.