Re: [Harp-L] Dorian Minor is NOT missing notes

A couple more considerations.

> -NO "1/2 flat" 3rd in crossharp (the note between Bb
> & B) you can always get this note when bending on a
> Richter harp.

Not necessarily. As others have noted the major third
can be acheived with an OB on hole 3. Since the
overblow naturally comes out a bit flat you
automatically get 'flat' major 3rd. You can bend it up
to a true major 3rd or, with some practice, hit it
right on.

> (the other missing note is C# overdraw on draw 7-
> this is the b5 in G and a very important blue
note...
> as most experienced overblowers know: the best
> situation for an OB
> the function properly is a whole step difference
> between blow & draw. I have
> found that the most challenging overblows have
always
> been hole 5 & 7.

If this is true then the hole 7 overdraw should be
easier with Dorian; you have a whole step between the
retuned Bb and the C.

But what do I know? I have yet to try a Dorian harp.
Think I'll have to get out my tuning file tonight...

Paul

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs