Re: [Harp-L] re: what Popper means to me

rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
listen to Sonny Terry who
always played quietly, slowly and somberly

Are we talking about the SAME Sonny Terry here???....my Sonny Terry is ANYTHING but slow-quiet and "Somber"..................................

exuberance is in the EAR of the beholder,-)

rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The problem with John Popper is that he plays too fast and too wild, way too
exuberant. To learn harmonica properly you need to listen to Sonny Terry who
always played quietly, slowly, and somberly (can somber become an adverb?).