[Harp-L] my valve setup

In a message dated 8/22/2005 3:36:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  Ron,
I have experimented with both covering the entire slot,  and leaving a small
gap. I really don't notice much difference. I think before  Pat Missin turned
me on to the microfiber material I'm now using, I left a  small gap to lessen
the potential buzzing on the opposite reed. This newer  material (which is not
in the photos) seems to eliminate the buzzing  altogether. So now I cut the
microfiber to cover the whole slot. However, by  leaving a small gap you get a
closer sound to a non valved reed by allowing  some air to get through. This
is a small window because if you trim back to  much you will not be able to do
the valve bend.
Hope this  helps.

Thanks, PT.  That did help.  But u forgot to tell where we can  get that new
windsaver material.
Anybody know?
ron