[Harp-L] Re: Pure Tones

Don't have a large meal right before you play. A large meal will fill your stomach and press UP on your chest cavity causing pressure (that bloated feeling). Pressure will accentuate your heart beat.

Don't have a candy bar or excessive amount of sugar laden substance right before you play. The quick energy conversion as the sugar 'burns' will cause an increase in blood pressure, (again with the pressure) and accentuate your heart beat.

Don't sit while playing as this squeezes your torso and makes your internal organs closer together (your stomach rides UP), causing pressure which accentuates your heart beat.

smo-joe

Hi Howard, Incidentally these same factors (and several more...namely breathing) figure HEAVILY into competition shooting. As an ex shooter, I was merely 'Parroting' some of the stuff I had learned. Over the years, I have had a HUGE amount of hobbies (live steam, boat building, radio-controlled models (subs), competition driving & motorcycling, shooting & archery, diving, flying)
So, also over the years, I will, from time to time, try to help people on the lists MERELY by divulging something I have either heard, read, learned, or actually experienced. I sit here in fear wondering if people think I'm some sort of smart ass or know it all wise ass. This couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm merely here to help if I can, and since my memory is nearly photographic (only works for stuff I'm interested in), I consider myself a useful 'archive'

Hope you took my message in the warmest regard and not as a 'jab'....... :) smokey-joe