Re: Fw: [Harp-L] my valve setup

What's the best thickness?? It also seems to come in a number of colors and textures. What works best?

Thanks

PT Gazell wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "PT Gazell" <ptgazell@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: <Captron100@xxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:15 PM Subject: Re: [Harp-L] my valve setup

Go to your local fabric shop and ask for ultrasuede or microfiber...it will come in different thicknesses.

PT Gazell
pt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.ptgazell.com
http://www.sonicbids.com/PTGazell
http://www.cdbaby.com/ptgazell

----- Original Message ----- From: <Captron100@xxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 1:35 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] my valve setup

In a message dated 8/22/2005 3:36:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi Ron,
I have experimented with both covering the entire slot, and leaving a small
gap. I really don't notice much difference. I think before Pat Missin turned
me on to the microfiber material I'm now using, I left a small gap to lessen
the potential buzzing on the opposite reed. This newer material (which is not
in the photos) seems to eliminate the buzzing altogether. So now I cut the
microfiber to cover the whole slot. However, by leaving a small gap you get a
closer sound to a non valved reed by allowing some air to get through. This
is a small window because if you trim back to much you will not be able to do
the valve bend.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, PT. That did help. But u forgot to tell where we can get that new
windsaver material.
Anybody know?
ron