Re: [Harp-L] Lovesick Blues for harp---Help Needed

Country harp: You should probably add to that list another player, Lonnie
Joe Howell. His stuff may be harder to find, but it is available, clean, and
good.
 And, depending upon your view/world of country harp, you may also want to
check into Doc Watson, Lonnie Glosson
(www.lonnieglosson.com<http://www.lonnieglosson.com>),
Wayne Raney, and DeFord Bailey.
 A brief pointer: In bluegrass, melody is important, though improvisation
over the melody has value, as well. Melody serves as a pathway through the
song/tune for both the musicians and their audience. Regardless of whose
recordings you manage to dig up, while you are working with the country and
bluegrass band, your ears can be your guide. Listen a lot -- to them and how
you blend with them. It is teamwork. Don't play if it conflicts too badly
with what the other musicians are doing, and "send" the tune when it is your
turn. I assume you already understand at least some of this or you would not
have landed the opportunity to play with this band. But, in case you didn't,
here it is. Above all, have fun!!
 Cara Cooke