From: Harmonica Masterclass [mailto:schooloftheblues@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:06 AM
To: samblancato@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Scales Book

A student forwarded your post to me.  I understand
your assessment of the scales book and agree to the
need of having a section dedicated to application
(though the size of that study will easily fill
another two books).  The book is for reference with
some exercises in the front and back.  When I wrote
it, that was my focus.  In hindsight, I should have
had more in the application department.  The problem
in book two was the size.  To get all the scales in,
it already took two CDs.  As it is, being a scale
book, I'm sure it will be out of print soon anyways.
These books are never popular.

In Exploring 2nd position I show how to play in the
major scale, as well as the mixolydian scale and blues
scale for minor.  I'm a firm believer in the teaching
of the major, minor and blues scales.  As for the
other scales. most blues players (99.5%) will never
touch them, but they are there if they want to dig in.

Thanks for your comments online.  I'm happy to discuss
the subject further and help in any way.  Do me a
favor and post this response so others can read it as
well.

Best Regards,

David Barrett

Best Regards,

David Barrett

President, Harmonica Masterclass Co.
www.harmonicamasterclass.com
"Leader in Blues Harmonica Education"
Founder/Director, School of the Blues
www.schooloftheblues.com
Author, Mel Bay Publications & Blues Revue Magazine