Re: [Harp-L] Australian Baroque at SPAH

It was a pleasure meeting you and getting some time to play with you, Tony.
Hopefully, we will get another opportunity in the future for more of the
same. I really enjoyed applying harmonies to the fiddle tunes that we jammed
on in the hall. I am not sure we could sell the concept of "Twin Harmonicas"
to the rest of the bluegrass world with the same success "Twin Fiddles"
enjoys, but I sure enjoyed the challenge of making the harmonies work.
Thanks for coming -- and great thanks to Tulsa for making it possible for
you to come.
 I am sorry I missed the "Over the Waterfall" bit with Paul. I might have
been able to find some more harmony there, too. Paul was one of the first
people I met at my first convention (Dallas 2003). I checked into the hotel
late on Tuesday night and heard "Red Wing" on harmonica in the lobby. It
surprised me because I did not expect to hear much in the way of tunes that
fall into the bluegrass realm. I joined the session with the harmonicas I
had on me at the time (my gear was still in the truck and I hadn't seen my
room yet) and we jammed on bluegrass and folk for several hours -- with no
stringed instruments -- just lead/harmony harmonicas, a chord, and a bass.
(Having no stringed instruments took a moment to get used to.) For me, it
was a nice welcome to the convention. I am glad you got to spend some time
with Paul, too. He was pretty busy all week.
 Cara Cooke
Austin, Tx.